|Image from- http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/learning/7-12assessments/naplan/teachstrategies/yr2011/index.php?id=literacy/reading/lr_evld/lr_evld_s3a_11|
Example of a text types- See here for ChesterHills really useful list.
How It Works:
When teaching pupils how to write, there are 9 simple steps to follow to help support them.
This is called “The Teaching Sequence for Writing”.
- Establish clear aims- what is the type of writing you are aiming for
- Provide examples- provide examples of excellence
- Explore the features of the text- Click here for a useful activity.
- Define conventions
- Demonstrate how it is written- provide some scaffolding
- Compose together- modelling
- Independent writing
- Draw out key learning and provide DIRT time.
Information extracted from here