Students need a recording device?
How it works:
Pupils are given a topic, theory or subject that they need to research. They must create a video explaining their subject or topic area. Pupils are given the creativity of how they deliver their content, for example they could do a news report, a music video or simply an informative speech!
THEY DO NOT NEED TO APPEAR IN THE VIDEO!
This is a great way to engage the pupils in their learning and encourages them to work independently to gain a greater understanding of the topic at hand!
The videos can/will be:
– emailed to the teacher to show in the lessons
– used by the pupils as a revision tool- see http://mraali.edublogs.org/2013/03/01/revision-videos-year-11-3-3-3/#.UXRW4b_dmfQ
– much more memorable than just a piece of paper
– uploaded to a private YouTube page, only accessible by the pupils and teacher- Such as- http://bulmershelaw.edublogs.org/2013/03/11/legislative-process-revision-video/
– Can be used as an end of unit assessment
– Can vary the type of video used
– You can create plays, cartoons, action films to liven the activity up- Use APPS?