Currently, as I type #MuslimBan and #BuildtheWall is trending on Twitter… Therefore I wanted to alert you all to this idea I had. This idea originated from me writing this blog after sending out the tweet below. www.bit.ly/faithboxed in regards to the Paris attacks.This whole idea is underpinned by the extremely successful global project #CultureBoxED What do you have to do: Once you have signed up via- www.bit.ly/faithboxedsignup Myself and @T2786 will pair schools together up across the UK. It will then be the schools responsibility to get in touch with each other and organise the logistics of the exchange. Some ideas for your #FaithBoxED exchange are:Safe Guarding Info:
//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js What is #FaithBoxED The plan is to get Muslims students/educators and others interacting from parts of the United Kingdom where otherwise they simply wouldn’t bump into each other or get to know each other.
Let ME be that person you know, that is a Muslim, that isn’t a terrorist & believes in love, tolerance & acceptance. Say you know me.— Amjad Ali (@ASTsupportAAli) November 14, 2015
- National flags of the countries that the students/parents in your class come from?
- A recording of the various spoken languages- a book/tape/CD/DVD to learn?
- Menus/reciepes of how to cook most commonly food eaten at home? Some ingredients to do so?
- Official clothing? Why do they wear those items? Images of those items? Maybe those items too?
- Key rings/postcards from national landmarks that represent their faith in the UK? Why do they attend there?
- Skype lessons with each other? Work partners?
- Video messages? Things they want each other to know?
- Pictures? Photos? Paintings? That represent them?
- Handwritten letters? Pen Pal exchange?
- Religious links to this country. Historical links to their religion?
- Example of school planner? Pictures/Maps of your school building? Lessons? Times of the day? Uniform?
- Facts and info about your predominant cultures/religion?
Here is a good website to talk about Islam/Muslims
Also follow https://twitter.com/FaithBoxED to ask questions about Islam/Muslims- for more information click here.
Teachers may wish to present this document to other Staff Members, Principals/Head Teachers or Parents should there be any questions regarding the #FaithBoxED project
– #FaithBoxED is purely for educational purposes and for students to connect with other parts of the country through the use of concrete/physical materials
– No identities or personal information about students will be given out
– No photos/videos of students will be given out unless teachers have the appropriate permission
– Contents of the #FaithBoxED are to be of no illegal nature or of a nature that could be stopped in customs and prevent it from reaching its destination for educational purposes
– Cost of sending the #FaithBoxED is to be covered by teacher or school depending what teachers have discussed with colleagues
– #FaithBoxED is a non-profit project with the goal of achieving local/national connections/understanding between students and classes
To be filled out by teacher if presenting to other colleagues.
Subject area link:______________________________________________________________________________
Outcome or learning goal to be achieved:______________________________________________________________________________