BDA Dyslexia Awareness week link here and various links below.
CHECK OUT THIS RESOURCE BY @STAMMER_TEACHER HERE-
What to do:
October is Dyslexia Awareness Week in the UK.
1 in 10 students are said to be diagnosed with Dyslexia across the UK and it is one of the most common SEND needs.
Use the following resources to help you make your classroom as Dyslexia friendly as possible.
- Microsoft have put together an Online FREE training platform with really useful video clips. Click here.
- Could Immersive Reader help your students? Click here.
- British Dyslexia Association have listed some useful resources here too.
- National and International Dyslexia resources. Click here.
- BBC Newsround video clip about My Dyslexia. Click here.
- One page factsheet! Click here.
- Dyslexia Simulation website here.
The reason I am sharing T&L ideas with the students is so that they know what support/additional help they can/should want/ask for!
And here is an assembly I delivered on Autism.
Image Link here.