One of the most popular INSETs Amjad delivers is entitled "Try and Refine."
The day involves:
What is Quality First Teaching and what does this look like in a classroom?
- Where everybody is learning?
- Where lessons are challenging?
- Where everybody has an opportunity to learn?
Take away strategies to turn Quality First Teaching into practice
Examples of strategies to engage and inspire our students based on ideas from www.trythisteaching.com/toolkit
- Ideas to Try and Refine
- Low effort and high impact suggestions
- Practical ideas for all subjects
Department Time to reflect
- Directed task provided to allow time to build on learning from first two sessions
- Support Staff/Teaching Assistants coaching/training offered during this time
- Share and model best practice as a school
- Demonstrating the effectiveness of a shared approach to learning
Review and reflection
- Opportunity to plan short, medium and long term goals based on learning from the INSET